What keyword research tool do you use now that LTP is shot to shit?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Insanity, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Insanity

Insanity New Member

LTP is shot to shit, as lifetime Platinum user there is no free cloud...blah, blah, blah...

What software do you use for keyword research?

2. Bottle Rockets

Bottle Rockets Frank Admin

Is LTP no good now? I haven't used a tool in a while but I used to use keyword revealer

3. Tim01

Tim01 Pro Affiliate

Then how do you do keyword research? Just pay Andre for keywords?

4. Insanity

Insanity New Member

LTP is moving to cloud based. The 'Air' system for the desktop using Adwords planner no longer drags in accurate search results. Google's update was the culprit.

As a LTP Platinum Lifetime purchaser [you] are waiting for the fee to join the cloud; as the cloud edition was rolled out to new users first!

The ball bag (especially if you sell keywords) is that you are slapped with a super-low monthly search budget. If you say LTP generates around 800 words for most searches and you are presented with a monthly limit of 25k, it won't take that long to burn through them!

5. Insanity

Insanity New Member

I used SERPed for keywords, but that is painstaking even after the Upgrade. I enjoyed LTP as you could do so much in bulk.
    Just interested in what people use as look for new kit, LTP won't withstand the monthly bashing I give it and it is always a swine to pay for something when you only bought the lifetime option, so just a bit of tantrum really! lol

6. Tim01

Tim01 Pro Affiliate

So.... SEMrush?

7. FestGuru

FestGuru New Member

There's a chrome plugin called Keywords Everywhere. It gives you the search volume for any Google searches that you run and also the volume for the related searches. It's real value though is the other sites that it works on. If you use answerthepublic.com you can see the search vol for any of the terms or phrases on the page. It also works with keywordshitter.com. You throw a few seed words into the shitter and start it up. Come back after 10-15 and you'll have 4000-5000 words along with the volume. There are more sites that it works with, but I've only paid attention to the two I listed.

SEMRush still has a search vol, and it looks like they increased the number of queries that you can do with a free account up to 10-15. Still not helpful, but it's good for a quick one-off search.

The Serps.com keyword tool still provides search volume also. After 10ish searches, it has a nagging pop-up though you can close it and still perform searches and get results. You can find that

Login To See Link

My secret keyword tool that is awesome is WebCEO. Like I've mentioned previously, it has a freemium account that's useful and lets you use the tool. The keyword research tool is slightly limited, in that it only returns 15 keywords at a time. But it has an unlimited keyword basket (I've got close to 10k terms in mine) that gives global and local volume, as well as a trendline, KEI, and bid competition.

Here's a link to imgur so that you can see what it looks like

Login To See Link

Monadnock and Welshwizard like this.
  8. Insanity

Insanity New Member

Truly awesome reply Festguru! Nice one!

9. Stuart Mackenzie

Stuart Mackenzie New Member

Just thought I would leave a note, I use the Desktop version of LTP to filter keywords now and use the cloud based for traffic reports on words I want to action, works fine, If you bought lifetime like me then they set your cloud account up for free anyway, just message them with purchase details, done mine in under 24 hours.