Ranking with footer links

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Chillywilly, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Chillywilly

Chillywilly New Member

Hi forum

Been ages since I've posted here, but wanted some insight. I've been put in charge of a site for a web designer who wants to rank for a 'web design (location)' keyword. Currently, the designer has a footer link on every page of every website that they've worked on. Over 2,000 links from like 30 referring domains, which ain't good. I'm, of course, going to tidy that up a bit, but I wanted your opinion on leaving exact and partial match links on some of these sites (which have TF 40+) just on the homepage (where all the juice is). Anybody have any experience ranking sites with footer links like this? Cheers

CHILLY

Tim01 likes this.
  2. Goodkarma77

Goodkarma77 Hustler

I know footer links work, but google doesn't appreciate them as much as normal links. You could try nofollowing the footer links, and doing a normal backlink from homepage. I've actually been thinking about this topic a bit myself though. I'm not sure what my official verdict on it is yet.

3. bellynyen

bellynyen New Member

We offer service that’s for rent Facebook & Google premium ads accounts. If you need accounts fors running cloaking campaign, fast approval and just spend a huge daily budget, contact me on skype: Michael Phan