My $550,000 Facebook Business Exposed!

Discussion in 'Guides and Tutorials' started by Bottle Rockets, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Bottle Rockets

Bottle Rockets Frank Admin

Back in 2013 I started a website about luxury items and sold them for a commission, I wrote about it on my

Login To See Link

but never exposed what affiliate program made me the most money...until now. Since my biggest affiliate network went bust and my Facebook account got banned I don't have to hide the biggest earner anymore.

This is my first year jumping into the Facebook game after many failed attempts at making money online. I want to share this so people can take ideas like this add a twist to it and start something online.

[​IMG]

My biggest money maker was luxurylink.com, the site is still up and running but they don't have an affiliate program anymore. These guys simply had the best luxury deals on the web. I'm going to jump straight into it and explain how I made my money from Facebook.

First thing I did was start a website with 6 articles on it based around specific holiday packages, my best ones were trips to the Bahamas but more on that soon. I hit my first problem right after I set my website up and that was traffic, I wanted traffic now and the only way to do that is buying. I turned to Facebook for my traffic since I had some experience with it in the past, I needed to be different though and more specific.

I ended up doing a thing called "micro targeting" I have no idea if it's even a thing, but that's what I called it. I wanted to advertise to the rich in American, Canada, Australia but the problem was it was too broad, every big company was doing the same driving up the cost per click.

I got my first big break when I advertised a Bahamas holiday package in Flordia targeting people earning over 100k a year. A light bulb went off in my head so I tested more, another good one was advertising ski holidays in Colorado to other cities in America.

What My Adverts Looked Like.

My adverts were very basic and consist of one image from the location and a catchy headline, that's it. Things like "Flordia is hot but I bet the Bahamas is even hotter..." "Pack up the wife and kids it's time to spend the weekend in the Bahamas" I ended up with 100s of variations, but you get the idea.

That's basically it, Luxury link was my biggest earner along with other products like handbags and luxury shoes. I still advertise holiday packages through my e-mail list since I don't use Facebook anymore but they just aren't as good.

Your Worst Enemy On Facebook!

Those Tee Spring guys! One thing that used to annoy me was spending hours setting up Facebook adverts then they just don't work... some don't even start. Sometimes they would start then stop and I would get over 50c a click.

You know what it was? Tee Spring

One of the good things about advertising in a specific city or state is the fact that most of the time it's just local businesses advertising so they don't have massive budgets to drive up the prices. I remember one day I was advertising in Washington State and my adverts were costing me a stupid amount per click while others wouldn't even start.

I found out the Seattle Seahawks just won the super bowl so the market was flooded with people selling tee spring shirts with Seahawk slogans on them. It was pointless me trying to compete with them so I moved on.

Facebook was still hot when I stopped promoting few months ago. With the right products and targeting Facebook can be a goldmine.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  2. Art

Art New Member

I want to try that method you shared with us, but im worried about getting banned ive had so many accounts get banned from facebook. I used ads once too and I changed my payment method and they banned my account they are crazy fast when it comes to banning accounts.

3. Bottle Rockets

Yeah I must admit they have gotten strict on banning but it depends what you do really. I never had issues with the luxury stuff because I was just directing to a normal website. I only got banned when i tried to advertise a money making offer.

4. Art

Art New Member

I see what if I advertise like a seo site or a video ranking service whats the chance of getting banned.

5. Bottle Rockets

You should be fine. Fb usually just ban people advertising money making offerts etc.

6. Stormforge

Stormforge New Member

Bottle Rockets,

This is definitely an awesome affiliate model, and it really appeals to me. I have a few questions if you don't mind :):

1. When you originally set up the facebook ads, did you send people directly to a lander? If so, did you offer some kind of incentive or was it simply, "hey, sign up for exclusives?" (travel packages, deals on yachts lol, etc...)

2. Once the travel site killed it's affiliate program, were you able to monetize your list with ancillary products? (I've been through some big networks and haven't seen decent travel deals in a while, nothing north of 5% or 6%, but I guess even at that rate, if people are dropping small fortunes, you can bank...)

3. Do you think there is still room in the luxury space? I've seen lots and lots of people targeting that in the social spaces.

I guess it all comes down to a good twist, but I'm really interested in this niche. (I hate the mmo niche... even if there are new products to promote every day. It just seems cannibalistic to make money teaching others to make money lol)

Thanks!!

Tim01 likes this.