How To Find A Winning Niche. The Hardest Step

Discussion in 'Guides and Tutorials' started by Bottle Rockets, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Bottle Rockets

Bottle Rockets Frank Admin

What ups guys :cool: As promised the tutorials will start rolling out. This will be a 3 or 4 part tutorial and this is part 1. I'm quite busy at the moment, however finding a niche is always the hardest step so I want to go over it. This should help a lot of you. I will try be as details and as clear as I can.

Alright so most of you have trouble finding a niche and that's completely understandable. I have trouble all the time. I sometimes get stuck for days but it's all worth it in the end. When you find something good I imagine you will all feel like this.....
    [​IMG]

First things first you need to decide what kind of niche you want to look into. Is it a buyer niche or a whatever niche?

Buyer Niche

A buyer niche is something you want to sell a product in so something like Clickbank or Amazon. Keywords you would be looking at using would be.

• ***** review
    • Best *****review
    • ******* discount
    • ****** bonus
    • Where to buy xxxxx
    • ***** for cheap
    • ****** promo
    • ***** promo code
    • ****** scam

This is just off the top of my head. You could come up with 100s. You see what's going on here though? the people searching those keywords are buyers, they already know what they want. These guys are on the last step to buying and you are there to open their wallets.

Whatever Niche

I call this the whatever niche because I don't care about buyers, I just want visitors and clickers. This is for things like Adsense websites and micro niche type stuff. All we want is a niche where we can find easy keywords and get visitors to click on the ads. That's the goal here... that's it.

What I Do First

This all comes down to patients and time. This will take time and it can get stressful but just keep going. this is where I start first

Login To See Link

Start scrolling and writing down broad niches. I'll use the niche from one of my videos "brewing" This is considered the broad niche stage and we will now break it down into keyword ideas. Just keep writing down things that pop into your head, even if it take a few days.

So for "brewing" we could look at

• How to make beer
    • How to make wine
    • Best brewing methods
    • Best brewing ingredients
    • Discount wine racks
    • Wine rack reviews
    • Wine rack discounts
    • How to make home brew
    • Best homebrew recipe
    • Wine cooler reviews
    • Cheap wine racks
    • How to make spirits
    I could go on and on, but that's pretty much what you need to do, make a huge list of possible keywords. For this niche "brewing" you could do things like Amazon products, Adsense website, or maybe find an ebook about making beer. Keep in mind that this is just an example though I haven't researched "brewing".

You could even start getting into brewing kit model numbers so something like

• Brewmaster 145 Review
    • Brewmaster 9374- 23 Review
    • Brewmaster 263-23 Discount
    See where I'm going with that?

Copying Someone Else

Let me tell you something and I'm going to sound like a right out asshole. If someone is stupid enough to share their niche online then use that to your advantage. Our niches should be kept tight, if we make money with them why should we share them with the world? We work hard for it so don't give it all away.

Putting all that aside a lot of people share their niches so use it, but don't just copy their keywords. Use keywords they have missed. Trust me this will yield results. It's one of my secret tactics. I never steal niche off mates though.. that's a big no no.

So to put it into perspective I watched a video about 6 months ago where someone was bragging about their niche. I did some research and found an untapped long tail keyword with 8000 searches a month. Today I have a Clickbank product ranked 5th for that keyword. Without that guy bragging, I would have never found it.

Not to mention I've found easy keywords with 20,000 searches a month this way. Some people just focus on a few easy keywords leaving some good ones on the table for us due to the lack of research.

Using Reddit & Forums

I don't do this much now however it's still a viable way of finding niches and products to promote. Simply just take a look around and see what people are talking about. Since I don't do this much now I will just cover an example I stumbled across a while ago.

I remember someone was searching Reddit once and someone was asking about a particular model of headphones. This gave the guy the idea to start a review website about headphones... the rest is history, well he now makes bank from it.

Review Prelaunch

Keep an eye on the latest releases! Big money in this. Let's go back to the headphones, let's say Astro gaming are bringing out a new model next year. Start a website for that model and get it up asap. If you can get that website to the first spot before any competitors, you will get Google love. When that headphone releases then people will start searching "*** headphone review" you will be at the top and you will bank. It's insanely easy to rank for keywords that are not popular yet. Sometimes even getting to the front page with no backlinks.

:cool: Keep going peps, a little research and you will find those gems.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    Bananas, king0735, Dave and 3 others like this.
  2. FordQue

FordQue New Member

This is just what I need,thanks!!

Bottle Rockets likes this.
  3. Bottle Rockets

No problem mate :)

4. IntensE

IntensE Hustler

This is really awesome, I wait eagerly for the next parts !

5. DarkKnight

DarkKnight New Member

I have a question,have you tried ordering a fiverr gig where they find you a profitable niche?

I'm thinking of doing that,do you think it's a good idea?

6. DarkKnight

DarkKnight New Member

Login To See Link

Login To See Link

here are the gigs i'm thinking of ordering

7. Bottle Rockets

I haven't myself nope. It doesn't hurt to get it outsourced so yeah just give it a go and if it isn;t what you wanted you can also get a refund :)

8. sudanfx

sudanfx New Member

very good article, waiting the nest ^_^

9. Bottle Rockets

Just bumping this up for all the new members of the forum. This should help in finding a niche.

10. Goggle J. Wobble III

Goggle J. Wobble III New Member

Great article. Thanks

11. FestGuru

FestGuru New Member

Have you found a decent way to decide when you should throw in the towel on a niche? My current money niche had some huge regulatory issues that almost killed it the niche. Luckily, after a few false starts, it seems to be through most of the BS. Since I didn't bail, I've gotten some decent rankings across the niche. My question is was there a warning sign that I might have seen and misread? Ir

12. Bottle Rockets

I have a few failed niches but I always rank first then figure out what to do with them. If I rank then get no sales etc then I usually just leave them or sell the sites as an ongoing concern for someone else. I'm, not sure what you mean bu something you might have missed sorry.

The same goes for my clicker niches if I make no money I then decide what to do with them.

Tim01 likes this.