Hatred's SEO Silos Tutorial

Discussion in 'Guides and Tutorials' started by Hatred, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Insanity

Insanity New Member

lol - Spent too much time with the computer today and blind to the F'in obvious.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

2. Bottle Rockets

Bottle Rockets Frank Admin

No problem :)

3. signal512

signal512 New Member

I really liked this tutorial and want to give it a shot. I have a couple of new affiliate sites that have not had any SEO done whatsoever. The question is, could I go ahead and set-up the silo using this method? I would have to change my permalink structure and move a post to page to do it exactly.

Any tips on how to make sure I keep things in order if I do this?

4. Insanity

Insanity New Member

Hmmm, I cannot offer you tips but I can say that I just changed my structure as per the video. I don't see any issues with this but better let one of the authorities answer.

5. Hatred

Hatred Sape, PBN Links, Repeat Admin

This style of siloing I do with micro niches and smaller type sites. Granted it can be applied to larger sites but it can be highly annoying. You adapt the site according to which keyword or category you want to rank easiest. The point is the juice all flows to the homepage where the money keyword is. The best way to tell you are doing this properly is to look at the silos and follow where you end up in the silo and if juice just gets "lost" or "ends."

signal512 and Bottle Rockets like this.
  6. signal512

signal512 New Member

I'll test this out on one of my new sites this weekend. I've done something similar in the past, but really, your method looks to close the loop better. I do see this as very effective on micro niche sites with 2 to 3 categories. ill be using the site with tumblr and gsa methods you guys have posted here and i will be sure to share my results with the community. I could be a lazy fuk and just outsource it all and jam it up Google. But my real goal of being here is to learn to do this stuff myself. and learn it well.

I appreciate the blueprints found here. Totally awesome..

7. Hatred

Hatred Sape, PBN Links, Repeat Admin

Sounds awesome. Definitely let everyone know how things turn out. I always recommend trying stuff. That may sound vague but everything i know is because I tested it and know how it works. I want to physically know that something I applied or something that I'm putting effort into is going to work and work well. Only later can you start outsourcing and learn the difference between difference providers and their quality.

8. signal512

signal512 New Member

I might have overlooked this but assuming you are using the Yoast SEO plugin or any other for that matter I suppose. How do you set up the categories? I typically set the categories to "No Index" to keep clutter out of googles index and to reduce the likelihood of duplicate content.

Is it safe to assume that in this case we would set categories to "Index", "follow"?

9. kickasss

kickasss New Member

Finally someone who explained how you should make a silo website . Thanks Hatred

10. kickasss

kickasss New Member

hey Hatred i have a question do you still build backlinks to inner pages? if so what anchors are you using?
    and for homepage do you build any backlinks with your keywords >

11. Armand Wright

Armand Wright New Member

This video is very similar, but I feel like it answers the category page question a lot of people are asking.
    He simply uses a 301 redirect plugin to redirect the WordPress Category page to the page that was created as the silo:

Tim01 likes this.