Hatred/Franklin's Web 2.0 Tutorial

Discussion in 'Guides and Tutorials' started by Hatred, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Erwin

Erwin New Member

Hi! Just recently signed up on this great site. I also came from BHW. By the way, I already scraped 20+ tumblrs in the past few days. Now, I want to scrape expired weebly, but some people on BHW said that you have to pay now before they got indexed. Is that true? Or should I focus more on expired tumblrs then handmades 2.0 for my backlinking setup.

Also, can I hide these kinds of backlinks?

Max likes this.
  2. Bottle Rockets

Bottle Rockets Frank Admin

Some do yeah but you can find the ones that are fine. The old ones are fine. Is you go to setting > seo and it says "show is google" and it's lock then stay away from it. If it says "hide from google" turned off then you are fine.

Max likes this.
  3. yakblack

yakblack New Member

Tumblr has just changed their linking code :( I wonder if this method will work in future ...

Max likes this.
  4. Monadnock

Monadnock New Member

I saw that yesterday. They have added some redirect code in there.

I threw the t.umblr.com link into redirectdetective and it shows as a Meta Refresh, which should count as a 301.

I have previously MR'd tumblr's and weebly's, and it worked in similar fashion to a 301 as long as the meta refresh is set to an almost immediate interval (0 seconds).

Below is an image of the html that sits on the t.umblr.com link.

Note the highlighted meta refresh tags.

upload_2016-1-20_13-47-25.png

When I did the the meta refresh before, I would typically index the tumblr\weebly before implementing the MR.

So to find out if these new t.umblr.com links index, a simple Google search will show us.

upload_2016-1-20_13-51-50.png

These links do index!

So, with these links being indexed, and in my opinion, each one serving like a 301, the SEO effects will still be there to a certain extent.

The t.umblr.com links index with the anchor text used as the title of the meta refresh "page", so there is still that relevancy.

The Domain Authority for the t.umblr.com domain is already 61, so altogether not a bad link to have I would venture.

Anyways, this opens up some new possibilities.

I am off to try and index one of these links, and then throwing some GSA behind it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    Max and yakblack like this.
  5. Hatred

Hatred Sape, PBN Links, Repeat Admin

Basically what @Monadnock said. If anything over time they will be just as strong as a 301. As long as they aren't rel="nofollow" we good.

Max likes this.
  6. Monadnock

Monadnock New Member

I bought a batch of expired tumblr's before they changed the code.

Plan is to use them on an Amazon site that lost some rankings due to pbn deindexings.

Gonna build links to the site with the tumblr's, and will report back how it goes with the new redirect code.

Max likes this.
  7. cyborg244

cyborg244 New Member

You don't have to bother with links that use tumblr's redirect code. All you need to do is change and add html in either the tumblr description or the title. This will have no redirect code and will pass on all the link juice to your website of choice, just follow these steps, and everything should be ok.

Step 1: Login to your tumblr account. Then go to your actual website not your dashboard but your website (ex---->bestanimeseries.tumblr.com)

[​IMG]
    This is my own personal tumblr account. As you can tell I really like anime.

Step 2: Click "Edit theme"

[​IMG]

Step 3: Write a small description in the "Description" box and add this code <a href="

Login To See Link

">some text</a> somewhere in your description. Make sure you include http:// or else it wont work. So for example ------> <a href="

Login To See Link

">This is awesome</a>

[​IMG]

Step 4: Click "Save" and you should all be done.

Step 5: Check to ensure the link is working with the full link and no redirect code. Meaning that all the link jucie will pass to your website. Like I said I pray to GOD that tumblr doesn't change this.

[​IMG]
    I checked the link and everything should be working fine.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    Shwepps, Boss, Zanskar and 8 others like this.
  8. Monadnock

Monadnock New Member

Nice share, cyborg244.

That way your link won't move off of the home page of the tumblr if you keep posting.

9. Boss

Boss New Member

Great tutorial! Any other free expired web 2.0 to scrape?

10. ath9k

ath9k New Member

Hi guys,
    can I add multiple tumblrs to only one account?
    Can I have issues doing this?

And what about expired Weeblys?
    I followed the tutorial and it works for other platforms but weebly.
    I found some 404 but I'm not able to register that domain.
    Some screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any ideas?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  11. Monadnock

Monadnock New Member

@ath9k, you need to be persistent with those Weeblys.

I checked about 30 without success the other day. Nr 31 turned out to be a TF14 that was available.

Not sure if those domains are registered by someone and not verified, or if Scrapebox just brings back false positives. Just got to keep going.

Same thing happens with tumblr's, although on a much, much lesser scale.

ath9k likes this.
  12. patser

patser New Member

Pointed 5 expired tumblr's to my site last week and I did the same yesterday, seems to be working well still:

Attached Files:

yakblack likes this.
  13. Bottle Rockets

Hey do you mind if I use this picture for a guest post on Mathew woodwards blog? Those are some good test results and I'm doing a post on testing with the new tumblrs.

14. choppi

choppi New Member

You are planning a guest post on matthew's blog? - awesome man... this should be a mega boost for you....

15. patser

patser New Member

Go ahead man! These results are thanks to your tips anyway :)

16. yakblack

yakblack New Member

I noticed that tumblr changed their linking pattern in description section also. It seems

Login To See Link

tips does not work any more :(

17. cyborg244

cyborg244 New Member

@yakblack I don't know what you mean by that. As soon as you said that I checked and double checked my tumblrs and all seems to be ok with my direct link. There is no redirect code that I can see. Just explain what linking pattern you are talking about cause I might be missing something.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  18. Alexdav

Alexdav New Member

Thanks for this scraping as with scrapebox as I write this.

Someone mentioned start with twenty (battle rockets I think). Say I find fifty with decent metrics, am I safe to point all fifty to my domain split up over , best of, top 5 and buyer guide pages? or is this too many to point at a single domain?
    I will have other types of web 2.0's pointing to the domain as well as other links like social bookmarks etc.. for link diversification.
    Something that occurred to me too, was if I end finding to many I can just point them to the strongest tumblers I find rather than end up having 80 or something pointing to my domain.

Hope this question makes sense. It's just with scrapebox I could end up finding hundreds and not just tumblers.

19. Bottle Rockets

I have over 200 pointing at one page ;) You are fine as long as you use other stuff for diversity

Alexdav likes this.
  20. yakblack

yakblack New Member

I tried to add link in description but it turned to "abc.tumblr.com/domain.com" instead of "domain.com" :( It happens with some accounts, not all! Very weird!